Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Beginning

It is a strange sensation to begin the process of making public, what until now has been private. I decided to start this blog because I am drawn to the idea of, if perhaps not the reality of, the community that seems to develop from them. I am drawn to community. I am drawn to community and yet here I sit at a computer writing about it. But perhaps that's it. Writing is a lonely business and how could I really resist the possibility of writing and communing with others as I work through the thoughts and ideas of sitting alone in the world and yet trying to be active and present within it while I bump into the others that are also sitting alone. All of this is to say that I am beginning. I am beginning to bring offerings of myself - good and bad, polished and rough, silly and serious, false and true, ugly and gracious. In short, what I am, and see what comes of it.

No comments: