Friday, July 28, 2006

I Am So Ashamed. So Sorry.

Trying to breathe here.
I just read some horrible, christian, blather. Some terribly over-educated, unkind, missing the boat, wouldn't survive a day in kindness kindergarten, garbage.
Oh. They were so mean.
I'm so ashamed that I am one of them.
Oh.
Oh.
I feel ill.
How are these people so completely losing hold of all the goodness and beauty that's been given us?
Those arrogant, little bastards. Oh, oh, oh. If there is ANYTHING I hate it is falsity, and to fucking call yourself a Christian and then belittle someone because they are different -


Argh.
That's what I am doing, right now.


Love?
Love?

How am I supposed to love people who are so forgetful of their own need of grace, and so insecure, that their unkindness is boiling out over anyone who comes close to them that is not wallpapered and bumper stickered with spectacular credentials?
Really?
Seriously?
Oh, I am so upset.

How, how, how does God stand all of us ugly, little bastards?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

to fucking call yourself a Christian and then belittle someone because they are different -

How loving of you. I hear gossip and slander were commended to us in the Sermon on the Mount, as well.

I wasn't belittling Ken Loch because he's "different." I was pointing out the absurdity of his speech. (Over a YEAR ago I wrote this, mind you.) Jesus wasn't afraid to do that, and -- so it appears given this post -- neither are you. If someone does or says something you think is absurd, ridiculous, or -- GASP! -- wrong -- I don't think there's anything particularly un-Christian about calling a spade a spade.

Of course, there may be something particularly un-modernly-liberal about such "intolerance," but hey -- Jesus wasn't a modern liberal!

Things like this are why I have recently quit blogging.

Angela said...

dear kp,
i know.
it wasn't very loving of me. that's why i said later in my entry that i wasn't being loving.

i'm sorry if i misunderstood you, and yes, it is a VERY easy thing to do in this sort of medium, and hell yes, call a spade a spade, but dear person, i deliberately did not link the post to my blog because i did not want to "gossip and slander". i was only ashamed of the unkind mockery i heard in the exchange on your blog (and if you think Ken's is absurdity, you should try reading kafka's "metamorphisis"!). unkindness freaks me out. my own included.

i'm sorry to contribute to your discouragement and will gladly remove my post if you would prefer it.

Deb Heller said...

Hon, we're all human, foibles and all. We hate what we sometimes see in others, and fail to see it in ourselves.

Peace.

Angela said...

i KNOW deb!
that's what scares me so much about writing sometimes. i am naked in all of my sin and ugliness and beauty for everyone to see, except me. it's why i write, and why i am terrified to write. sometimes i feel like i'm operating on myself, with a circle of onlookers, "and here now is her heart. see how it hurts when you push it here? fascinating."
thanks.

Anonymous said...

I think Jesus was a modern liberal- just look at how revolutionary He was. He shook the world as people knew it... isn't that still our responsibility?