Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Two Things

What can we conclude then, dear friends, except that God isn't playing games? If she trades in our scalps, makes needles of our bones, stretches and tans our skin, if she is good, still good, always good, than this must point to some serious business. She does not hesitate to burn us, consume us, devastate us. She leaves our dear lives for ash with us sifting through the ruins.

I am standing nose to nose with the face of my faith. It's gone all gaunt and into shock, white lips. Faith tells me she knows only two things for sure, the first, that God loves me. The second, and the one that has left her stunned, is that God is not a safety net; she is the tight rope through.

5 comments:

deanna said...

Wow. Again, as usual, wow.

I nominated you for an award. Hope you like it.

OsoDelSol said...

THIS IS HOW I FEEL!

Now I have words.

Thank you. :)

Angela said...

an award? thanks deanna! let's make t-shirts.

you're welcome, bear. i'm glad.

Anonymous said...

I've been there, on and off (mostly on), for most of my adult life... and sometimes I get a glimpse into the glory. and then I'm sorry, and I cry. and the next day, the glory is gone again.

I agree with bear, thanks for giving us the words for it all.

Anonymous said...

praying for you.
paj