Monday, May 22, 2006

I don't know about this...

I picked up the last 15 copies of my book from my publisher today (wowza, I'm now sold out of first printing!) and the first thing she said to me was, "Do you want to go on a blind date?" (I can think of few things less appealing than a blind date). She wanted to set me up with her carpenter. She listed off all of his top qualities - and even managed to mention how handy he would be, what with me not having a home anymore. I kept changing the subject but was worried that despite my best efforts, I was going to end up traded for a cow and a trunk full of farming implements.

(Good grief.
Is this how dating works?
I don't think I can do this.)

Sometimes being a single mom can save your ass. India started crying and instead of soothing her, like a mom should do, I used her as an excuse to leave.

Man.
This sucks.

No comments: