Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm Such a Sucker

I watched "The Painted Veil" last night. I get pretty uncomfortable around most love stories now, which is to say that I squirm like an eight year old who has just discovered that maybe boys aren't so gross after all, and maybe she would like to kiss one when she's older, but my glory, she would die before she admitted it. I think the movie might have been a little sappy at times, maybe predictable, but I can't really tell anymore. Either way I felt squirmy and uncomfortable, and "Man, is it hot in here?", and maybe, maybe, maybe love isn't as ridiculous as it seems sometimes.
I think that means I liked it.

2 comments:

Sebastien Millon said...

Your post reminds me of when I was growing up, I watched lots of French movies with my family, and there were always lots of sex scenes in those movies (you know how the French are). My oh my, it was awkward...

Angela said...

ha.
sex + parents always equals groooosssss!
poor parents.