Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Suppose It's Only Fair...

Annie Dillard is my hands down, all time, one of a kind, bam a lam a ding dong favourite writer. Pilgrim at Tinker Creek was the first book of hers that I read, so I kind of think that it's my favourite, although, I read Teaching a Stone to Talk and Holy the Firm as if they were my Bible. Annie Dillard makes me sweat happiness. My heart beats faster, (really it does) and I find that I can only read a little at a time or I just might die of happiness. I really, truly, honestly feel the same way when I read her books as I do when I fall for a smart boy that is nice to boot. She drives me bonkers.
In a good way.
The end.

8 comments:

deanna said...

I've no excuse. I need to read her, and I haven't done it yet. Now I'll be atwitter with anticipation till I do.

Cherie said...

Oh Angela, you describe my every outing with Annie to a tee! Same heart fluttering, sweating, can't take too much at a time as my mind gets full of her most excellent way of expressing herself!

So glad you found her! She's on my bookshelf, too, all worn, and comfy, and oft-visited! What a mind, huh!

(Deanna, swing by - I'll lend you mine.)

Sebastien Millon said...

I really really gotta read this author!!! Although, I just can't get any more books right now, my to read stack(s) is ridiculously high right now...

Angela said...

no deanna, no excuse at all, especially with cherie there for you. i'd love to hear what you think of her, even if, gasp, you hate her.

cherie,
what a mind, ya. wow. i've got such a crush.

sebastien,
no, no, no. that's like putting off falling in love. pure silliness, and no good of it comes in the end. go get you some annie.

deanna said...

Okay! I got Tinker Creek from Cherie! (and reluctantly returned India Sophia)

As soon as I'm done with Cry the Beloved Country (aching beauty and soulful tale), I'll sit down with fear and trembling to read Ms. Dillar.

deanna said...

d.

Cherie said...

....and loan Cry the Beloved Country to meeeee!

Angela said...

oh! i love book talk. i'm all a big smile right now.